This site provides advice about editing department websites. If you are seeking information about academic programs or departmental procedures, please contact the department directly.
For help with your Department Web Framework site, send an email to the Arts & Sciences web team at email@example.com. You can also fill out our online help request form or call a team member during business hours.
Forgot what you learned during your training sessions? No problem, you can reference most of the materials here as well as read up on other recommended practices. Contact the A&S Web Team with questions or to request a training refresher.
- Preparing for the Transition - technology and terms, first steps, what to expect at meetings and launch
- General Editing - logging into the site, writing for the web, adding files and links, update schedule, access to Google Analytics
- Images - adding and cropping images, finding images, writing good alt text, obtaining permissions
- People - managing user profiles, editing profiles
- Programs & courses - managing program descriptions and course-related information
- News & Events - managing news and events, newsletters, story ideas, calendar options
- Fields of Interest - tags used to categorize content by academic subject
- Support / giving pages - recommendations from advancement and donor relations
- University Guidelines - accessibility, branding, privacy and security, records retention
- Frequently Asked Questions